Following a record number of entries for the 15 categories, the independent judging panel now have the task of analysing and selecting a shortlist.
The independent judging panel for the 2021 South West Business Leader Awards is a collection of some of the region’s leading entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
The judging will begin next month and each of the experts will have the tough task to narrow down a shortlist ahead of the announcement at the end of August.
Who are the judges?
- Dr Saima Rana – GEMS World Academy
- Marti Burgess – Bevan Brittan
- Richard Bonner – Arcadis
- Rachel Flanagan – Mrs Bucket
- Dr Zara Nanu – Gapsquare
- Kalpna Woolf – BeOnBoard
- Amy Kington – Community of Purpose
- Jason Small – WestSpring IT
- Debbie Hartshorn – Bristol Airport
- Ed Rimmell – VWV
- Chris Walford – Albert Goodman
- Hayley Blacker – Interaction
- Paul Falvey – BDO
- Heather Frankham – Whiteoaks Capital & Origin Workspace
- Paul Brown – MHI
- Allan Rosengren – Investor and businessman
- Peter Gibbons – Sprague Gibbons
- Peter Lomax – Thomas Westcott
- Ben Rhodes – CBI South West
- Matt Edwards – Candid
- Joshua Sargent – Candid
- Jim Shaw – Shaw & Co
- Alexei Garan – Shaw & Co
Andrew Scott, Founder of the Business Leader Awards, comments: “Thank you to our incredible panel of judges who will be looking at our record number of entries and selecting the best the South West has to offer within the business community.
“They are the reason the awards have risen to the level they are today, and I cannot wait to see who makes the shortlist later this year.
“Good luck to all our entrants and judges!”